Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Monday, March 23, 2009

I see the future

Something I’ve noticed since becoming a dad is that, to a limited degree, I can see into the future. It’s not perfect, and it’s not universal - - but it’s there.


For example, my daughter will be hopping on one foot, on a dining-room chair: I can envision the chair tipping over, and her getting hurt. So, I ask her to get down from there.

I walk past a table, and see a glass of water just a few inches away from the edge: I see a toddler reaching out and grabbing it, spilling the water and possibly breaking the glass. So, I move the glass.


Things like that - - seeing into the future. I didn’t used to have it - - but now I do.


To a limited extent.


--GG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home