Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Monday, March 09, 2009

Flipping the bozo bit

It seems like I may've blogged about this before -- but it's **my** blog, so I can be redundant if I wanna.

I was reminded of the most excellent phrase ''flipping the bozo bit'' (i.e. mentally re-categorizing someone from "not a bozo" to "a bozo, worthy of ignoring/dismissing his/her imput").

Was reminded of it by this article, where the phrase was used in passing: ''If a program manager says dumb things, the programmer might flip the bozo bit on them.''


Flip the bozo bit; love it; must remember.


--GG

1 Comments:

At March 20, 2009 3:34 PM, Blogger slag said...

I've blogged about it before. Maybe we were mind-melding.

nestrib...good word

 

Post a Comment

<< Home