Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Thursday, March 12, 2009

All the Voices - Playground

When I go to used CD stores, I love browsing through the ''discount'' pile. Assuming the shop has listening facilities, I tend to grab a pile of twenty or thirty albums with intriguing song titles, and walk away with five or six obscure -- but still to my liking -- albums.

One of my favorite albums is by a group called ''All the Voices''; the album is Playground. It just has a cover, no liner notes, so it doesn't give any information about the band members. The record label doesn't yield any hits. And the album was released prior to the ubiquity of the internet -- so, no band websites, and the band name doesn't yield any hits.


So, I'm posting this blog post. Hopefully, someday, one of the band members of this band will Google their old band's name, out of curiosity... and stumble across this entry.

If (when?) that happens: Hi! Please leave some contact information in the ''Comments'' section. I'd love to get whatever additional music you guys produced. (Any solo projects? Did the band morph into a new band, with a different band name?)


Many thanks...


--GG

1 Comments:

At March 20, 2009 3:31 PM, Blogger slag said...

I can't wait until you're totally finished defending! You'll be rockin.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home