Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Things I never thought I’d say as a parent (#137)

Something I never thought I’d say as a parent: “Nice people don’t kill other people. It’s not nice to kill people.”

I'd overheard The Girl play-acting with her dolls that she was going to kill them. I had to sit down and tell her that saying you’re going to kill people isn’t a nice thing.

I asked her where she’d heard about killing people. She said at daycare. I’m **not** happy about that.


--GG

3 Comments:

At January 12, 2009 11:05 PM, Blogger K. said...

Yikes! She probably doesn't know what it means, but still...

Good luck with Dissertation Month.

 
At April 01, 2009 11:59 AM, Anonymous Giovanna said...

Hopefully it was a kid at daycare, and not the adults! Did you get to the bottom of this?

 
At April 01, 2009 12:42 PM, Blogger Gye Greene said...

Yeah, probably the kids.

I think I mentioned it to one of the daycare workers -- but, it's been a while, so I don't remember...


--GG

 

Post a Comment

<< Home