Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Saturday, January 03, 2009

Two odd dreams

I'm moderately jetlagged: went to bed around 6pm last night, and got up around 6am today.


Two weird dreams:

1) Dreamed that the guys from Flight of the Conchords had asked me to join their band. But Jermaine (the larger guy, with the glasses) was getting increasingly irritated with me. Eventually, the day before our first gig together, I asked if his irritability towards me was due to our having our first performance tomorrow, yet we hadn't actually rehearsed together and he wasn't sure I'd be able to handle the songs. He admitted that, yes, that was the problem.

I suggested that I just bowed out of the band (I wasn't sure why they'd invited me, in the first place). He agreed, and I ended up just being their roadie/guitar tech for that performance.


(Preface to dream #2: My youngest sister died in her early 20s. Apparently, alcohol + parties + balcony railings = a bad thing.)

2) Dreamed that I was on holidays in the States, staying with my brother and his family. The phone rang at their place, and since no one else was home, I answered it. It was my youngest sister, just phoning my brother to see what was up. I said, "Hey! They told me you were dead!" (Since I live in Australia, very occassionally I'm out of the loop on some things -- although in general, everyone's good about e-mailing.) She replied, "Where did you hear THAT from?" I said, "The rest of the family."


Aype.


A weird thing, having a dead sibling: when folks ask me how many siblings I have, I'm never sure how to answer. I guess it comes up when you're 80, too, and some of your siblings have pre-deceased you -- but by that age, people kind of expect that you may have lost some siblings.


--GG

3 Comments:

At January 05, 2009 9:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm surprised he didn't let you sit in for "Hiphopopotomus vs Rhymnoceros". Your rhymes are bottomless!

 
At January 05, 2009 10:37 AM, Blogger Gye Greene said...

You should ask the Oregon sister about Erin K., who, too, is bottomless. :)


--GG

 
At April 01, 2009 12:08 PM, Anonymous Giovanni said...

You could say, "There were four kids growing up."

Erin K. was bottomless, because my parents made her "work her buns off" when she spent the weekend at my house. (This particular phrase came when she had to spend an hour or so stacking firewood.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home