Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Monday, January 05, 2009

Hawaii in Seattle

One last post about my Christmas holidays.

So, it snowed very well in Seattle -- the biggest one in twenty years, so I heard.

I was at my brother's place in Seattle: six adults and five kids, in a three bedroom apartment (my sister and her boyfriend were up from Oregon; plus my household; plus my brother's HH). I looked out the window at the snow, and thought "photo op".)



So, with my sister's b.f. being a good sport about it, he, my brother, and I, dressed up in the summertime gear and had a bit of a frolic.



Not sure if you can tell from these photos, but my brother was wearing flip-flops. The rest of us, just bare feets. We only lasted two or three minutes out there before it stopped being fun.

But, thanks to sisters and spouses, we got the shot. Two of them are above.


BTW, my brother is in the orange; I'm in the black shirt with the orange lei. For several of the photos we shot that week, people had a hard time telling which was my brother, and which was me. This included my brother and I: sometimes we had to resort to whose coat was which to figure out which was me, and which was him. Family resemblance, I guess. :)


--GG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home