Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Sunday, January 04, 2009

What I did on my Christmas vacation

I **was** going to spread this out over several blog entries. But, nah.


We flew out to Seattle around Dec. 10th. Spent about a week with my folks; then about a week with my brother and his family, in U.W.'s family housing; then, back up to my folks' place until we flew back to Brisbane.

The Girl got to see her first snow, ever (4 y.o.). She got to play in the snow with her cousins (the photo is of the first dusting, I believe). And build her first snowman, with her grandmother (my mom).

My brother, my sister-in-law, and myself (and my sister, as well, when she came up) set up two toboggan runs in my parents' back yard: one that went straight down the stairs, and another that curved around the side of the yard. My brother and I also built a snow shelter (in the foreground of the photo, below). We didn't quite finish hollowing it out: it was more of a proof-of-concept thing. We stayed up until around 10pm(?) working on it.



Actually, I guess I **will** save the next thing for just one more post.


--GG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home