Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Friday, January 23, 2009

Do not cheese off Professor Hulke, puny human!!!

While I was in Seattle over Christmas, my brother and I visited the gravesite of my paternal grandmother. And we discovered that -- given the mod with the modern trend to have gravestones that are flush with the ground, rather than standing up -- it's **really** hard to find someone's gravesite when it's been snowing all week. Especially when you haven't visited it for two years.

Found it, though.

But, while we were wandering back and forth, I found a grave marker for Frederick Hulke. Which made me kinda wish **my** family name was ''Hulke''. Because, even though it's probably pronounced ''HUL-kay'' -- you could **still** go around saying "Hulke angry! Hulke SMASH!!!!!"

I'll bet if you were a high school teacher, or college professor, you'd be pretty popular with the students if you did that -- during lectures.


--GG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home