Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Thursday, August 07, 2008

Nice turn of phrase

This is a little boastful -- but, hey! My blog.


This morning one of my teaching assistants asked what my policy was about them covering each other's tutorials (e.g. illness; attending a conference).

I'm pretty open; I'm happy for them to work it out among themselves.


My e-mail response included what I thought was a nice little turn of phrase:

As far as payments, I wrote, "You folks can compensate each other however you like (lattes; cash reimbursement; carrying heavy weights over great distances; mighty feats of gardening…)."


--GG

2 Comments:

At August 09, 2008 3:23 PM, Blogger slag said...

Heavy weights? You mean like helping people move?

putyyw...as in...putyyw. OK I don't know what that means. But it looks like a fun word.

 
At August 09, 2008 10:24 PM, Blogger Gye Greene said...

I think I was viewing it more conceptually -- like some sort of pennance.

But, yeah: that's a good practical application.

FWIW: I'm hoping to **never** move house again. We'll see if I can manage that.

Actually, that inspired me to a blog entry, about distilling all yer stuff....


--GG

 

Post a Comment

<< Home