Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Definitely older

There was a maxi-pad commercial on t.v. tonight (how's that for an opener?) that talked about going sixteen hours on a set of undies. In it, the female protagonist was out clubbing with friends -- and ended with everyone sitting on the beach with the sun coming up.

My visceral reaction: that would be horrible!!! I would sooo want to be in bed by that point. Plus, it would probably be all cold.

Back in the day, Guitar Cousin and I would go see live bands at various local clubs, and I'd drag myself home around three in the morning. But I didn't see that as fun: I tolerated it, because I paid my five bucks cover charge, and gosh darn it, I was going to check out all the bands on the playbill. (Although, if the final one was pretty ''blah'', we'd take off early.)

Brisbane has a similar public relations ad: we're so happening and hip -- rather than the boring town we have an inferiority complex about -- that you can party until dawn.

Ew.

Bed. Me old.


--GG

2 Comments:

At July 21, 2008 4:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Older and wiser! Eh, I'm the same way. Remember my staying up until 5:00 AM IN THE MORNING working on the BBS? It may not be clubbing and nightlife per se, but it was wayyyy more energy than I have right now.

 
At July 21, 2008 4:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still stay up until 3am, but now I just call it "insomnia" (worrying about the house, the family, the job, etc).
-GC

 

Post a Comment

<< Home