Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Friday, June 20, 2008

Find a penny and pick it up

Like the rest of my wife's family, I drive a mid-1970s Rover sedan (pictured). Clearly, we got it used. As opposed to my having bought it when I was eight.

So, this morning I was looking through the glove box, and I found a penny: a penny from Fiji. Pretty neat!

If finding a penny brings good luck, does finding a foreign penny bring even more?


--GG

7 Comments:

At June 21, 2008 1:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, but if you find an American penny, does that count as foreign?

 
At June 22, 2008 12:51 AM, Blogger timidvenus said...

thats a good question, dave (although, they dont seem to work for americans).

 
At June 23, 2008 12:00 AM, Blogger Gye Greene said...

Heh! :)

Well, if I came across one outside the house - yeah, that'd be pretty special.


I occasionally find a New Zealand coin in my change. Kind of like being in the U.S. and finding a Canadian coin: pretty nifty -- until you realize that you were ripped off by 20%! :)


--GG

 
At June 24, 2008 11:26 AM, Blogger slag said...

This sounds like a Grease reference. Was it supposed to be a Grease reference?

 
At June 24, 2008 2:22 PM, Blogger Gye Greene said...

Slag,


Sorry - I don't follow. Which specific bit?

(But: nope.)


--TWAB

 
At June 25, 2008 11:42 AM, Blogger slag said...

The part when Marty tried to give Kenickie the penny that Frenchy found only to drop it outside his car door, at which time, Kenickie hit his head when he bent down to pick it up, thereby making way for Danny Zuko to drive Greased Lightning to victory...of course. :)

 
At June 25, 2008 1:55 PM, Blogger Gye Greene said...

WOW. You are hard core.

Nope -- nothing like that. Just an old folk-saying.


--GG

 

Post a Comment

<< Home