Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Caught out

So, this morning -- as I sometimes do -- I went through the drive-through of the local branch of the multinational fast-food chain, to pick up my morning slushie.

I ordered at the speaker box, and then paid at the first window. For some reason, the guy who is usually at the pick-up window (and knows me as a semi-regular) was at the money-taking window today. "Should be working," he said.

"Oh, I just had a late start this morning," I said. "But I'm heading in to work right now."

Confused pause. "No," he said. "I mean, the frozen Coke machine should be working today: the last time you were here, it was broken."

Ah.

Guilty conscience? :)


--GG

3 Comments:

At May 17, 2008 5:36 AM, Blogger Big Man said...

Finally found my way over to your spot. Just wanted to stop by and say hi.

 
At May 17, 2008 8:23 PM, Blogger Gye Greene said...

Hey - thanks for having a look. Honoured. :)


--GG

 
At May 18, 2008 2:57 AM, Blogger slag said...

Speaking of conscience. How's that dissertation coming?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home