Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Thursday, April 03, 2008

Spooky times

A few days ago, I came in to work, dropped my bag off in my office, went into the room next door to get a drink of water, returned to my office -- and noticed that the clock on the wall was two hours fast.

The minute hand was spot-on -- it was just the hour hand that was off.


So, I re-set it, sat down at my desk, and did some computer stuff. Got up to get something from the networked printer -- and when I returned, my clock was three hours slow.

Again, the minute hand was fine: just the hour hand.


So, I re-set it.


Finally, later that afternoon, it happened one more time -- but this time, only an hour off.


It's not that the batteries are running down -- because then, the minute hand would also be incorrect.

Maybe it's the ghosts of Daylight Savings attacking my clock. (Queensland, and I think the Northern Territories, are the only states in Australia that don't do daylights savings.)


A little spooky.

Hasn't happened since, though.


--GG

1 Comments:

At April 13, 2008 1:16 AM, Blogger slag said...

Cool clock image! Of course, there's another possibility you haven't considered. You may have entered...The Twilight Zone.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home