Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The concept of day care centres

Daycare centres are a funny concept: You show up at 7:30, or 8, or 8:30 in the morning, and say: "Here's what is most precious to me in all the world. Could you look after it for me? I'll be back at 4:30."

BTW, The Girl was **much** happier going to daycare today. No tears, no sadness; some smiles. Looking forward to the little "dance" lessons they do in the early afternoon (Hokey Pokey-ish things, plus some simple yoga poses).

--GG

2 Comments:

At May 01, 2008 1:38 AM, Blogger godaycare said...

Parents looking for daycare in Canada might want to check out godaycare.com. This site has many daycare centres , some with reviews fro parents

 
At May 01, 2008 10:43 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I still remember my first daycare 'teacher' she had two long thick braids that reached past her waist and she was pregnant. She used to let me sit on her lap and press my ear to her belly and 'talk to the baby'. Her name was Mattie and I loved her so much I would barely notice when my mother left - which, of course- broke her heart.
I think that either way children break and heal their parents constantly in a million tiny ways.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home