Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Comic book knowledge

Last night, The Lady was reading to me from a book of baby names (100,000 Baby Names, by Bruce Lansky). I either dismayed or impressed her (I think the former) by getting 23 out of 25 for the "Comic Book Superheroes Alter Egos" list (page 43).


How do you do?



  1. Arthur Curry
  2. Barbara Gordon
  3. Ben Grimm [misspelled as "Grim"...]
  4. Bruce Wayne
  5. Charles Xavier
  6. Clark Kent
  7. Diana Prince
  8. Dick Grayson
  9. Emma Frost
  10. Frank Castle
  11. Hal Jordan [misspelled as "Jordon" in the book!]
  12. Henry McCoy
  13. Jean Grey [misspelled as "Gray"]
  14. Logan Howlett [I guessed it based on the first name; but I thought part of the mystique was that he didn't know his surname...!]
  15. Matt Murdock
  16. Oliver Queen
  17. Peter Parker
  18. Reed Richards
  19. Scott Summers
  20. Selina Kyle
  21. Steve Rogers
  22. Susan Richards
  23. Tony Stark
  24. Wally West
  25. Warren Worthington III (I named him by his "original" name, not his new/current name)
I missed #1 (I got this one wrong, although afterwards the first name did sound familiar; if it had been "Namor", I would've got it), and #24 (Got this one wrong, foolishly saying "Captain Marvel"; but when I was told, I elaborated with, "Ah! I know him more as "Kid Flash")

You can e-mail me to get the answers -- although you'll get a faster response by just Googling it. :)

Just too much time reading comic books, I suppose.


I also scored pretty well on the "Heavy Metal/Hard Rock Artists" list (page 61) -- even though it's not my "genre" of music. I'm curious to see how guitar cousin did (and whether DJ Char does well, based on her wide-ranging musical knowledge).

  1. Alice Cooper
  2. Angus Young
  3. Axl Rose
  4. Bon Scott
  5. Chris Cornell
  6. Courtney Love
  7. David Lee Roth
  8. Eddie Van Halen
  9. Gene Simmons
  10. James Hetfield
  11. Joe Perry
  12. Jon Bon Jovi
  13. Kurt Cobain
  14. Layne Staley
  15. Lita Ford
  16. Marilyn Manson
  17. Maynard James Keenan
  18. Ozzy Osbourne
  19. Rob Halford
  20. Robert Plant
  21. Scott Weiland
  22. Sebastian Bach
  23. Steven Tyler
  24. Sully Erna
  25. Tommy Lee
For this one -- again, not my main area of music -- I missed #17, #19, #22, and #24. So, 21 out of 25 -- decent enough.


--GG

(Image from: http://www.hillcity-comics.com/poster_misc/green_lantern_kyle.jpg)

3 Comments:

At December 21, 2007 4:16 AM, Blogger Charlotte said...

I don't get it. Am I supposed to guess names of heavy metal artists? I don't know that much about metal.

 
At December 21, 2007 10:15 AM, Blogger Gye Greene said...

Kinda. You're supposed to be able to recognize who they are, e.g. what band they'r ein.


--GG

 
At January 21, 2008 2:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The only one I missed was #17...but then I never was much of a Tool fan.
-GC

 

Post a Comment

<< Home