Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Friday, November 23, 2007

Tara would have appreciated this

As I walked across the university campus, on my way to my car, I heard bird calls -- then heard a flurry of wings as a bird flew over my head and landed on a branch maybe six feet away. Some sort of parrot! Mostly orange, but with a bright green chest.

Speaking as a boy from Seattle: seeing a parrot outside a cage, and outside a zoo, and close enough that I could jump up and touch it (hypothetically; it would've flown away) is just... wacky.

Pretty spiffy. What I get for living in a sub-tropical zone.


--GG

1 Comments:

At December 13, 2007 10:54 PM, Blogger Tara said...

AWESOME! You never know what you might see if you pay attention!

Are those babies here yet?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home