Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Saturday, October 20, 2007

FWIW

As I -- just now -- typed my (real name) initials to the end of an e-mail, I wondered what it would be like to have initials that spelled some typical ''phrase'' in text-messaging/e-mail shorthand.

Like, if your name was William T. Frankfurt: all your e-mails would end with ''WTF''.


I actually **do** know two people that have initials that stand for typical phrases. I used to work in a billing/claims department, and when people's bills came back with bad addresses, we'd type ''NKA'' (No Known Address) in their file.

And I know someone who has a potentially insulting set of initials -- which I only realized maybe five years ago.

His/her e-mails probably go something like this:


[Name of boss]:

Hey, great presentation today!

-KMA



Hopefully he doesn't really e-mail his boss like this. Although: it's the perfect cover...


--GG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home