Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

AH-NIH-MULLLL!!!

When I'm in the car, I'm usually listening to music. And I'm usually alone, or with The Girl (who isn't yet a conversationalist).

Yesterday I realized that I should bring a set of drumsticks with me in the car: something to do at stoplights.

You should be able to pick up a cheap pair at your local music store for -- what, ten bucks? Fifteen bucks?

Less cumbersome than a guitar. And if you're driving in Canada or the U.S. (and you're right-handed), you'd have to stick the guitar neck out the window.

Less fragile than a Casio-style keyboard: If you have to brake suddenly, it's not a worry for the drumsticks to slide off the seat onto the floor.

Of course, I drive an older car -- with a steering wheel cover. If your steering wheel is in nice condition and you don't want to install a punishment-absorbing steering wheel cover, then drumming on the steering wheel probably isn't a good option.


--GG

3 Comments:

At October 17, 2007 12:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grandma thinks you'll poke your eye out.
-GC

 
At October 18, 2007 9:34 PM, Blogger Tara said...

We used to talk about inventing a dashboard keyboard.

Do you get funny looks from the other motorists?

 
At October 18, 2007 10:05 PM, Blogger Gye Greene said...

Dashboard keyboard: Do it! :) The name itself is already catchy.


Other motorists: To be honest, I'm not sure: most Queenslanders have tinted windows, so I can't quite tell. And I'm too busy jamming out to look around to see if people realize how cool I'm being (which I am, in fact, being).

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home