Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Friday, April 06, 2007

Chinese medicine and aftershave

One aspect of Chinese medicine has to do with ''hot'' and ''cold'' foods: strategically manipulating the ''hot/cold'' balance of foods that you eat. For example, if you're feeling a bit chilly, **don't** eat a banana [a ''cold'' food]; instead, eat some ginger, or a cola drink [''warm'' foods].

I thought of this this cold morning, when I realized that on hot days, my unconscious tendency is to use a ''cool'' scent [them ''fresh breeze''/''ice'' scents], while on cold days (like today), I prefer a "hot" scent, like spice or cinnamon.

Which scent I use hasn't been a strategic decision -- it just reflected what I was in the mood for. Which, apparently, was consistent with Chinese medical philosophy. Maybe there's something to it...


--GG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home