Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

No job

Well, I didn't get the job. Not surprised, since their immediate needs were much more computer-y than what I could provide: there would have been too much start-up costs, to get me up to speed.

That said, I was flattered to find this out by receiving a phone call from the person in charge, to tell me directly that I didn't get the job. Apparently, I was trumped by some guy with a Computer Science Ph.D. Fair enough.

But, the director lady said that they were all impressed with me; she has several grant applications working their way through the system, and she encouraged me to apply for the relevant positions when they appeared; and she looked forward to working with me in the future.


--GG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home