Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Too late for treasures

As I might have mentioned, it's the time of year for people in our area to set their unwanted ''large junk'' -- washing machines, old PCs, sofas, misc. lumber -- out on the curb, and for scavengers like myself to abruptly pull the car over and look through the piles.

Unfortunately, I've been busy with other stuff (and, really, we **are** gonna be moving house in a few months...), so I haven't been on top of this like I normally would hope to.

Yesterday and today, went in to Uni with The Lady, to do some library work. On our way there I saw an old PC by the side of the road, among one of these piles; I also saw an acoustic guitar case.

But, I didn't follow it up that evening.

And, this morning on the way to Uni: Gar!!! The garbage truck was making its rounds; picked up all the stuff along that street. Dagnabit.

Was it just a guitar case? Was there a guitar in it? I'll never know.

Ah well. There's still next year. ;)


--GG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home