Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Progress on Grandpa's crates

As I'd mentioned several blog entries back (late August; can't be bothered to go track it down and post a link), when my Grandpa was selling his house and moving into an assisted-living type place, I crated up four or five -- well, crates -- and shipped them to myself in Brisbane. All of it sentimental; probably half of it is either tools, or wooden stuff my Grandpa built; the rest is a sofa, a large chair, some minor kitchen stuff (1950s-1960s), and -- well, I don't rightly recall.

Anyhow, it's due to arrive in Sydney around Dec. 17th. Then it'll sit there for... a while... while the Customs and Quarantine folks look through it, spray it, and let the critters expire. Then it'll be sent up to Brisbane by train.

So: It looks like the timing might work out, after all. The crates might arrive right about the time that the house is ready to be moved in to.



--GG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home