Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Good practice, good conversation

Had another good ''band practice''. This time, The Lady was able to attend, singing thru the mic. She'll help orient the congregation, providing guide vocals.

Only minor screw-ups on my part, and fairly invisible to casual listeners.

Once again, hung around with the Guitar Pastor afterwards, chatting for an hour or two. His wife also stopped by, with their little baby, who I was allowed to hold. Had that wonderful baby smell of regurgitated milk [it's probably an acquired taste; maybe you have to be a parent yourself]. :)

Previous to his wife showing up, I auditioned him, without telling him I was doing so, by seeing whether he could play the correct rhythm to two of my songs that have unusual timing; he did this successfully. So, I offered him a place in my non-existent band, telling him that the three criteria were that (1) he was able to play my stuff, (2) that we had similar musical aesthetics [which we seem to; overlapping record collection, compatible opinions on what makes a good song], and (3) that I was able to get along with him. Told him that he didn't have to accept, or decline immediately -- that he could think about it.

And, he neither accepted nor declined. So, I suppose he's thinking about it.

Mentioned this to The Lady when I got home, and she pointed out that Jr. Pastors often get shuffled around every few years. Ah; good point. Well, still good to do what one can, while one's available.


--GG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home