Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Old photos of grandparents house

My dad sent around some old B&W photos of my grandpa, and his father and father-in-law (i.e. my great-grandparents) building the family home. It's a few days away from going on the market. Kind of sad to see it pass out of the family -- but all my aunts/uncles/cousins/sibs already have a house.

The pic to the left is taken from where the chicken coop (now used as lumber storage) now stands, pointing towards the road (at the time, just a gravel path -- on the chimney in the basement, my grandpa has the front-yard sign from the campaign for the city vote to have the street paved.


This shot is taken from the bottom of the driveway, towards the back fence (which **would** be at the top of that ridge). To be honest, I'm not sure who the guys are in the photo. Probably on of my great-grandpas on the left, and my grandpa on the right.

I love how even though they're on the jobsite, they're still wearing waistcoats (i.e. vests) and dress shirts. And, I like the whole black-and-white vibe.

As regular readers of my blog will remember, this is the house that my grandpa is having sold, since he's decided to go off to an assisted-living-type place.


--GG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home