Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Monday, October 23, 2006

A table, a bass speaker

Two miscellaneous photos, not really deserving of their own blog entry.

As I've mentioned, I've been practicing my bass at the church. I've taken to carrying the bass amplifier head back and forth, and leaving one 1x15" cabinet at church, and the other one at home.

Decided that since I've left it a church, I really **should** have my name marked on it. Made up a ''Gye Greene'' stencil, and did a purty stencil on the top, back, and sides of the bass cab at home (also the amp head). Then, at my last practice, also did a quickie stencil of just the top of the bass cabinet at church.

That's not a ''blur'' -- I stenciled it in hot pink ''marking spray paint'' (like surveying and construction folks use to mark sections on the ground), then shifted the stencil up and to the right slightly, then re-sprayed with fluorescent green (of course!).

Well, it looks cleaner in person... :)

This other photo referres to a ''used tools'' ad I responded to last weekend. Bought a bunch of saws for ten bucks, that had formerly belonged to the seller's dad; they also threw in a few bits and pieces they were going to just throw away. In addition, they offered me this table: They had been planning to just break off the legs and throw it in the bin [the garbage can]. She said she wasn't sure, but thought her dad had built it.

Arrrgh!!!! As a conservator of ''things made by family members'', and a packrat to boot, I couldn't let **that** happen! Wedged it in the trunk, and brought it home.

Note that the legs are painted green; the sides are painted another shade of green; and around the edge of the tabletop is painted black. The top had a piece of linoleum, which was coming off; since the tabletop is actually made of real wood, not plywood, I'll probably remove the tacks that held on the linoleum, and finish it with oil or varnish; possibly stain it green, first.

Once I've cleaned it up, I'll probably put a synthesizer on it, when we move into our new house.

The funny wooden things in front of it are two saw-horses that I rescued from collapsing sheds on our property: I include it here for a sense of scale, relative to the table. Both saw-horses need legs on the other end. Another ''rescue'' project for the future.


--GG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home