Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Reading glasses mods

About a week ago (March 4th-ish), I finally sat down and did what I'd been meaning to do. My eyeglasses perscription is strong enough that it's actually easier on my eyes to have two sets of glasses: a ''regular'' set, with the focal point set an infinity, and a ''reading/computer'' set, with the focal point set at about arm's length. The advantage of the second set is that when my eyes focus on what I'm reading, the muscles can be ''at rest'', since what I'm looking at is at my focal point -- rather than having to tense my focusing muscles to pull the focus point in from the distance.

The coating on the inside of the earpieces had worn off -- but the rest of the frame, and the lenses, are just fine. The rough surface on the earpieces thus irritated the side of my face where they touch, above my cheekbones, every time I wore them.

Cut to length some electronics shrink tubing, slip it over, heat to shrink. Result: A handy buffer that doesn't look too, too bad.


--GG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home