Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Root beer in Australia

(It's o.k. -- I'm on my lunch break.)

In Australia, they have sarspirilla [misspelled!], but not root beer -- except for one $2.50/bottle brand, which doesn' t taste like real root beer. (FYI, sars is more licorice-flavored -- not root beer-y.) So, when I was last in Seattle I found some root beer flavored hard candy, and mailed it to myself in Brisbane.

Today, I finally remembered to bring it in; I gave each co-worker a piece. The general consensus is that it tasted like sars, but with a Deep Heat/heat rub taste. Which, now that I think of it, is true. Or at least, it's the best way to describe root beer flavor to someone who's never tasted it before.

But despite the menthol after-taste, I still like root beer!


--GG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home