Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Semi-rural Australia

I'll preface this by saying that not all Australia is rural, or even semi-rural.

That said: My co-worker was just talking to our supervisor, and mentioned they have a dead horse in their driveway. Again.


She was asking our supervisor if he knew what city service you call to remove a dead horse.


(4:16pm, update -- Overheard, telephone conversation; not funny, but I snorted anyhow)

"Hi! I'm calling about the removal of a dead horse..."

"No, no -- we don't own it -- it's a neighbor's horse..."

"I'm not really sure what she'd want done with it. I mean, I'm not sure what the options are, besides taking it away..."


--GG

3 Comments:

At August 16, 2005 9:42 PM, Blogger K. said...

Once when we were hiking in the Lake District in England, we came across what appeared to be a dead horse. Turns out he was just taking an afternoon nap.

For dark comedy, you can't beat a dead horse.

-K.

 
At August 16, 2005 10:58 PM, Blogger Tara said...

A dead horse in my driveway would throw me into a fit of depression that would last for weeks.

 
At August 17, 2005 3:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least, in Australia, you don't have to deal with any dead squids in your driveway. Not that that's a problem for us average sorts of folks either, that is...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home