Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Hey, that's nice...!

My very first project at my new job (back in early July) was to review the methodology (including the questionnaire) of a pilot study that a government agency was going to implement. It looks at the family-friendliness of workplaces. Things like:

-Do you get family days for if your kid's sick?

-Can you tweak your start and end times to conicide with picking up/dropping off the kids at school?

-Are you allowed to drop back to less than full-time, to spend more time with your family?


I was the project lead, so although I talked to a few people to get their insights, I was the one that collated their answers. Also, perhaps 80% of the suggestions for improving their questionnaire came from me.

So it was very nice to receive an e-mail from the client, forwarded by my supervisor to me and the various people I consulted with, saying that the client appreciated our insights and incorporated many of our suggested changes.

This was especially gratifying, considering that there was a good chance that they were just running it past us to fulfill official protocols, and would just ignore our suggestions.

Instead, as I looked through their response note, almost every suggestion I (personally) had proposed had an "Implemented" next to it.

Very nice. :)


--GG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home