Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Movie review of That Thing You Do

I just finished watching That Thing You Do with The Girl:  she asked me last night if there was another DVD that we could watch together, so we watched most of it last night, and finished the rest of it tonight during dinner.

It's one of my favorite movies -- partly because it involves a band -- but also because it's well-acted and well-written, with a lot of good scenes.

Basically, it takes place in the early '60s, and a Beatles-y garage band becomes one-hit wonders when they win a talent show because their substitute drummer improved their song by kicking up the tempo.  There's more than that, of course.

I'm pretty sure it's rated "G" -- so I think they say "carp" once, and that's about it.


--GG

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home