Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Thursday, January 09, 2014

Value

Someone on the woodworking list that I belong to posted this link to Mark Twain's acoustic guitar (really!).  It's valued at over fifteen **million** dollars.


Some people on the list queried this extreme value.  "Mike in Sacto" posted the response, "My first thought was, 'Well, it belonged to [Mark] Twain.' "


He also posted the following (I've altered the formatting):

My second thought was, "Because somebody wanted it badly enough to pay
that price.  


More years ago than I care to think about, a fellow was trying to sell a pre-Columbian artefact for $500.  A potential buyer asked, "Is it worth $500?"  The fellow answered, "It is if you will pay $500."  

There's a lot of truth in that answer.


Ayep.  :)



--GG

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home