Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Confirmation of the love of music

Because I often go for long spans without playing the guitar, bass, or drums, I occasionally wonder if I still love music as much as I used to.

But Friday night the wife and kids were off at a birthday party, so I rocked out -- poorly! -- on the drums for over an hour. And after everyone went to bed I played the electric guitar -- moderately loudly, but at the other end of the house -- until stupid o'clock in the morning.

And then Saturday night, I played the drums again until stupid o'clock -- but quietly, using jazz brushes.

The whole time it was euphoric: I forgot to feel tired, and it was only the remnants of common sense that got me to bed before 2am.


So: yeah, I guess I **do** love music. What I need to do is do it more.

--GG

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home