Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Travelling songs

I've noticed during this visit -- all my bus rides and train trips -- that I've been singing Simon & Garfunkel's ''The Boxer'' and ''America'' to myself. Especially when I'm on the bus, or the train. Or in an airport.

(If you're not familiar with those songs, presumably they're on YouTube. I'll let you do the search yourself.)

''The Boxer'' is about a young man moving to New York City. It's about being in a strange place, and specifically mentions the winter.

''America'' is about a young couple setting out cross-country on (IIRC) the train and Greyhound busses. It just came to me as I rode on -- well, trains and busses.


--GG

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home