Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Homeward bound

The day before I was to fly out, it continued to snow, with a whole lot of extra predicted.

(Photo to the left: me standing barefoot in it. It's been a while since I've been at my parents' house with snow about.)

My dad suggested that it would be prudent to spend the night in a hotel near the airport, rather than try to slog my way through from my parents' house, the morning of. I agreed.

So: my dad booked me (and paid for!) a hotel room, and a few hours later I took the airport shuttle down. Spent the night there. Walked a few blocks and got Taco Bell for dinner (yay! As I've mentioned, no Mexican fast-food in Australia...) Watched the Bourne Identity on cable, plus various Spanish-language soap operas (no, I don't speak the language; but the cultural nuances were interesting).

The next morning, had the included breakfast; packed; took the hotel shuttle to the airport -- and -- well, rode an airplane home.

Ayep!


--GG

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home