Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Monday, August 22, 2011

Good days

I had two pleasant evenings.


Sunday night, after the kids went to bed, I spent two hours doing music stuff: typing up some song lyrics I'd recently scribbled onto a notepad (i.e. new song!!!); trying out an old drum machine (Boss DR-110 -- I'll let you Wikipedia it) and getting it to work; then working out the guitar chords to the new song, as well as tightening up some of the lyrics.

Good stuff. I'd meant to also lay down some basic tracks, but I didn't get that far.


Then, Monday night (tonight) I spent a few hours mucking about with some business data from Old Roommate. Trying to find patterns in data -- and trying to work out how to bend Stata (the software) to my will.

Again, good stuff.


So, two pleasant evenings. Although I should've gone to bed about an hour ago. ;)


--GG

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home