Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Bilingual

A little tricky: last weekend finally got around to working on some data for Old Roommate. Prior to starting my current job, I'd been using Stata (statistical software), which has its own scripting language.

However, since the end of January, I've been using SPSS (statistical software), which has a different scripting language. So, this weekend was the first time I've used Stata in a few months. So all of my new habits (using single "equals" for logical equivalencies; ending statements with a period) are nowin the way of my old habits. Gah! Tricky.

Like moving from Italy to France, then back to Italy.


--GG

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home