Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Friday, August 26, 2011

Another college dream

Two nights ago I had yet another recurrence of the "back in college" dream. This time I dreamed I was a "returning student" (or whatever the current euphemism is for someone who doesn't go directly from high school to college).

I was at a university reminiscent of Pacific Lutheran University (Tacoma, WA), a few days before the start of the first semester. I pulled up with a car full of belongings, then realized that I didn't know which dorm I was staying in. So, I walked around campus, looking for the Housing office, or something similar.

While doing this, I also realized I didn't know what classes I was taking -- or if I was even enrolled. So, I also kept an eye out for the Registrar's office, or similar. I spent most of the day doing this, with no luck.

Then (in contrast to most of my other "back in college" dreams) I realized, Hey! I have a Ph.D.! Why am I trying to go back to college. I'm better off moving in with my parents, getting a crummy non-career-track job, and recording music on my days off.

Then I woke up.


--G

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home