Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Maybe I should garden

Had an interesting dream last night: Dreamed I had an office job for some misc. company. Came in to work one morning, to find that someone had removed all of the documents I had on my desk.

I told my supervisor that either I was being given a whole new project, and someone had taken over my old one -- or else I was being fired. My supervisor told me that it was being fired. Ah.

Decided, in my dream, that I needed a new career. Decided I'd be a landscape maintenance person: mowing the lawn, edging the lawn, raking beauty bark, pruning trees. Sounded like a pretty decent job. Wouldn't get paid as much -- but probably not a lot of deadlines, either: just day in, day out.

Woke up, and realized that, yeah, that **would** be a pretty o.k. job. I wouldn't have thought so at 25 -- but now that I'm in my 40s, having a job that's just doing yardwork all day sounds pretty good.


--GG

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home