Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Saturday, July 09, 2011

Lady is back

The Lady has been gone (with The Girl) all weekend, at a conference. It's just been me and our two boys (3 y.o.).

Gad-zooks! Didn't get **nuthin'** done! Of course, I was putting in some long hours at work, trying to catch up on a project. To bed by 8:30pm-9pm, up at 5am, shower, sort some laundry get the boys off to daycare; in about 8am; leave work about 4:30pm so that I could get to the daycare centre before it closes; dinner for the boys, supervise them, put a load of laundry on, and then to bed around 8:30pm.

So, basically an hour of "productivity" in the morning, before the boys get up. Urgh. I don't see how single parents **do** it.


Also: the first day (Monday) that I got home, and The Lady wasn't there -- the house felt "hollow". I'm used to being the last one home, the house all full of light and noise. Gave me an extra appreciation for the lives of newly-divorced people.


--GG

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home