Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Two tool things

Two tool things.


First, I **finally** found an appropriately large triangular file (photo by The Girl). Asked Next-Door-Uncle, who suggested a tool shop I hadn't tried. When I phoned them, it turns out they don't carry files -- but they referred me to yet another tool shop which **does** carry files.

Phoned this new place, and -- yep! -- had one of sufficient size. Stopped by on Tuesday, on my way home from work (same general part of town).

So, Yay! I can now sharpen my ripsaw with appropriateness.


Second, my mortise chisel came yesterday! It's my first mortise chisel, and I've never actually seen one in person -- just photos. So I was surprised at how hefty it was: see photo (also by The Girl).


And my new file is pretty decent-sized, as well: 5/8" wide.


O.K. -- so maybe that's not exciting for **you**. But it's exciting for **me**!!! :)


--GG

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At August 01, 2010 3:07 PM, Blogger slag said...

Hey-I'm excited just reading about it.

Also, I'm now at the end of your sidebar's Archives list. Sadness.

 
At August 01, 2010 3:07 PM, Blogger slag said...

Strike that. Your sidebar's "Previous Posts" list.

 
At August 02, 2010 8:24 PM, Blogger Gye Greene said...

Both commendable and gratifying that you've slogged thru the backlog. :)

BTW: I subscribe to a handful of blogs, and I've decided that the best way to maintain a readership is to post new content fairly regularly (i.e., every day or two).

So, I'm trying to do this. I even have a few days' worth of ''backup'' entries.


--GG

 

Post a Comment

<< Home