Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Fun and frosty summertime treat

When I was in my early 20s and low on money, I worked across the alley from a bakery surplus outlet: I could get a box of a dozen day-old donuts for two bucks.

I'd eat about half of them for lunch, then take the rest home and put them in the freezer for dinner for the next night.

From this came the fun and frosty summertime treat of frozen donuts. Love 'em.

Hmm -- let's call them ''Fronuts'', shall we? :)


Just had one a few hours ago: hence, this blog post.


--GG

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At July 20, 2010 9:15 PM, Blogger Tara said...

I bet fronuts are great. There is no telling what evil things would happen, though, if I ate six donuts in one sitting. The aftermath would be frightening.

 
At July 20, 2010 9:30 PM, Blogger Gye Greene said...

Six donuts at once: That was the 21 year old me. (Other nights, I'd eat ice cream for dinner. Plus a multivitamin.)

Sadly, the 41 year old me doesn't have the same metabolism.

(Plus, I have a desk job, rather than moving furniture and crating antiques.)


--GG

 
At July 21, 2010 9:57 AM, Blogger (not necessarily your) Uncle Skip said...

I was gonna say fronuts sound cool but that would be messed up because they probably don't make any sound unless they're dropped and they are cool because they'be been in the freezer.

 
At July 21, 2010 11:22 AM, Blogger Gye Greene said...

Uncle Skip: Actually, you were correct about fronuts sounding cool: When they talk, they sound like The Fonz.


--GG

 

Post a Comment

<< Home