Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Monday, July 12, 2010

Treating myself

For the last week and a half, The Lady has been on vacation, and has done most of the child-wrangling -- leaving me time to make some progress on this woefully behind-schedule project at work (not my fault!).

Thus, I've been workin' some long, long hours -- and still have at least a week to go.

We're only on one-point-two incomes (or some-such) at the moment, since usually I stay home with the kids, and do my hourly (paid) work on weekends and evenings. So generally, we're pretty sensible with our money.

But, since I get paid by the hour -- and I'm logging far more than my usual 20 hours/week -- so I'm strongly thinking of taking a hundred bucks or so and buying... something.

I'm feeling -- I don't know... ''entitled''? Something like that.


Of course, the stuff I plan to splurge on would bore most people: a large triangular file, to sharpen a really large saw -- maybe a woodworking book or two.
Woo-hoo!!!

Such recklessness.


--GG

IMPORTANT ADDENDUM: Mentioned this to The Lady, who pointed out that I've been able to achieve these long hours only because she's facilitated them -- picking up extra shares of the housework, wrangling the kids, and etc. A good point, and completely true. So, I'll be sharing my "bonus money" with her.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home