Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Monday, June 28, 2010

Lost wood

Dangit!

Over the last month, workers at our next-door-neighbors' house have been building a swimming pool, deck extension, and pool house. I got permission from the owner to collect the misc. scraps of wood strewn about on the ground -- but he asked to wait until later, because he wanted some of the longer pieces for himself. Fair enough.

Today we went over there to check out the progress, and I noticed the the bulldozer guy from a few days ago must have scooped all the wood up and dumped them. Too bad: the wooden deck used a nice reddish-brown type of wood. Plus, they're all at the garbage dump, now: that's wasteful.


Usually, I'd fish things out of the construction dumpster every evening or two. But this time, the construction job was (apparently) too small for a dumpster.


Oh well: my current stash --at my present rate of building things -- will last me several years; I **do** have a backlog of wood to get under cover (i.e., store away properly); and I've been kinda busy (so I might not have had the time to gather the wood. Maybe.).


STILL: A shame.

Next time I'll gather the wood, and tell the owner he can grab what he needs from my safely-sequestered pile.


--GG

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At July 06, 2010 4:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This must be a family trait. I have the same feelings when I see decent material going to the dump. Overall I've feel pretty good about the amount I've been able to salvage and reuse. -GC

 
At July 06, 2010 1:03 PM, Blogger Gye Greene said...

LOL! Yep -- we musta all been raised during The Depression. ;)


--GG

 

Post a Comment

<< Home