Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Tuesday, July 06, 2010

The joy of young children

Near the front door, we have a hall table that we use for things that need to go out: letters to be mailed, rental DVDs to be returned, things that need to be taken to work, and etc. There’s also a short wall (about mid-thigh height) behind it, which performs the same role.

Today there was a DVD that had to go back to the video rental place near the boys’ daycare centre. My wife phoned me from the side of the road, saying she was just about to turn in to the daycare parking lot when she remembered the DVD: was it still out, or had I turned it in? I hadn’t, so she came back to get it.

I checked, and some young child had apparently knocked it off the wall, onto the floor behind – behind a chair, where no one can see it. (I’d just presumed that my wife had returned it.)


Doesn’t do much good to have a “Take Me!” location if the items disappear from it.


The joy of young children.


--GG

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home