Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Monday, June 21, 2010

Old man shoes

Because I never shave, I try to dress slightly more formally to compensate: button-up dress shirts rather than t-shirts, and dress shoes or those newfangled hiking boots rather than sneakers.

The dress shoes I usually wear have fallen apart, so yesterday we went shopping for some replacements. Found a pair that are probably sneakers rather than dress shoes -- but they're black (not brown), look respectable, and are comfortable -- as well as being well-constructed and at a good price.

My wife says they look like old man shoes (see photo) -- and I can't disagree (although I'd say more like "nurse shoes"). But, yeah: I'm at the age where I don't care about being ''hip'' -- I just want comfort and respectability. ;)

Of course, I also play the drums and the electric (rock!) guitar -- so I'm secure in my un-coolness. ;)


--GG

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At January 01, 2020 12:14 AM, Blogger justfeltlikerunning said...

Where do you even find shoes like that? My dad likes them and I'm trying to replace his pair, but I can't find them anywhere.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home