Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Moo

My daughter has a friend at daycare named ''Moo''. However, none of the kids on the sign-in sheet had a name anywhere close.

For a while, we thought she might be an imaginary friend -- but if so, she'd be a highly specific imaginary friend, since she only existed at daycare -- and (apparently!) only attended on certain days.

Recently, they had individual and group photos posted at daycare, so we asked her to point Moo out to us. Turns out that Moo's real name is Cathy. But, my daughter says, everyone calls her ''Moo''.

We asked why she's called Moo.

And my daughter said, ''Because that's her name.''


--GG

2 Comments:

At July 27, 2009 12:07 PM, Blogger Tara said...

I enjoyed that story.

I once knew a girl named M'Lou. Everyone called her Boo. I am pretty sure she is still just called Boo even as a grown-up.

 
At July 27, 2009 10:35 PM, Blogger Gye Greene said...

Tara,


Glad you liked it. :)

I always wanted a nickname -- ever since I was a little kid. But, nope.


--GG

 

Post a Comment

<< Home