Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Thursday, October 02, 2008

Payes

I was at the sink in the main bathroom, and The Girl had just got off the toilet. She was saying something about my having “paye” in the toilet. I could **not** understand what she was trying to say: “pain”? “pigs”?

Finally, she tore a tiny piece of toilet paper off the roll, held it up to my pants leg, and said “Paye – they stick to your pants.”

Ahhhh!!! Cobblers pegs!!! (See photo.) They’re like dandelion puffs, but stiffer – and instead of the “poof” at the end, they have little hooks – so when you brush against them as you walk by, they stick to your socks and pants, and you have to sit there and pick them off. Annoying little things.

And the other day I’d been picking them off my socks, and tossing them in the toilet.


I thought it was pretty innovative of her to use the speck of toilet paper as a visual aid.


--GG


(Image from http://bluemountainsjournal.blogspot.com/2007/11/more-about-herbs.html)

1 Comments:

At October 07, 2008 3:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That IS pretty innovative and clever of her!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home