Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Monday, September 22, 2008

My super-power

As I was reminded this afternoon, I have the ability to make dogs pee.

But, not all the time: just when they sense that I'm annoyed at them.

And actually, not all dogs: just our dog.


So really, I have the ability to make our dog wet – just a little bit – when he thinks he's in trouble and I'm about to reprimand him. Which makes it a pretty limited super power, actually.


I guess it's my ''alpha male'' pherenomes, or something: I was just going to pick him up and put him outside – I wan't even going to yell at him – and I was trying to be all casual about it. But I guess he sensed my deeper emotion.


By the way, my maximum lifting ability with one arm, in an overhead press (i.e. standing up, pushing from shoulder height, straight up) is now at 31.5kg – which is 69 or 70 pounds. I'm pleased. I supposse that means that if I know any 140 lb. people that want to lie across my head while I'm standing, I can lift them...

My eventual goal is to be able to ''dip'' myself, while leaning against a wall, upside-down. From this, I hope to be able to learn how to walk on my hands.


--GG

(Image is from some blog entry about his baby spitting up on the floor)

5 Comments:

At September 25, 2008 2:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you were a super villain, we could call you "The Piddler."

Piddle me this, piddle me that. . .

 
At September 26, 2008 2:57 PM, Blogger Gye Greene said...

Ooh! O.k., **now** it's going on ''the List''. :)

Good one!


--GG

 
At October 07, 2008 3:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a really cool, albeit limited, super power! One that you probably don't want to use too often! Remember -- use your power for good, not evil.

I have a super power, too. I can make people leave my presence. Unfortunately, I seem to have this power only 5 days a week, and only in the early evening. It seems I have to also be next to a computer and a desk.

 
At October 07, 2008 5:24 PM, Blogger Gye Greene said...

Heh! Took me a moment to figure that one out. I thought it was going to involve beans.


--GG

 
At October 07, 2008 5:26 PM, Blogger Gye Greene said...

Speaking of: Reminds me of Uncle G's super-power -- the ability to poot on command!

(Not the Uncle G that lives near Olympia; the **other** Uncle G that lives near Olympia. The one that used to work for the govt. ... oh, wait...)


--GG

 

Post a Comment

<< Home