Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Friday, September 19, 2008

Bad hair day? NO hair day!

So, Wednesday the 17th -- just a few days ago -- my hair was so shaggy that I finally got around to giving myself a trim with the hair clippers with the plastic spacer on it.

As we've done the last time or two, The Girl (recently turned 4 y.o.!) helped me: I sat on the floor of the bathroom, and she shaved (most of) my head.

Then I tidied up the sections that The Girl had missed, and I took off the spacer so I could shave the back of my neck. I considered asking The Lady to do it -- but she was otherwise occupied, so I figured I'd start in.

That was, it turns out, an error. I ended up with a bit of an ''inlet'' on the hairline across my neck. I tried fixing it, but just made it worse. By the time The Lady arrived, it was pretty much past rescuing.

So, I went all the way (see photos).

I'd been meaning to do this for a few years, now -- just to see what my head is shaped like.

Now I know. :)


(Hm: In the second photo, the softness around my middle is starting to show in the softness around my jaw and cheeks. I should start watching my diet... maybe exercise a bit.)


Well -- it **is** getting towards summer -- and I always wear a hat outdoors, anyhow (scalp protection from the sun). But indoors, it's **very** cool up there!

--GG

5 Comments:

At September 20, 2008 1:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks good! I've been going the opposite route - haven't done my "Kung Fu" hairstyle in months and now my hair hangs past my collar.

 
At September 21, 2008 3:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

First time I did that, my head tingled and I had to wear a hat at night. You should practice saying things like, "You have chosen wisely, my young Padawan" to your students, looking on with a zen-like approach.

 
At September 22, 2008 10:46 AM, Blogger Gye Greene said...

Bier: Wow! Send me a pic?

Dave: Actually, I tried on my old "Mandarin"-style shirt from when I took Shaolin kung fu for a few semesters: the haircut actually suited the shirt very well. :)


--GG

 
At October 07, 2008 3:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very amusing! Good thing you look good bald. Must feel very odd. At least you didn't lose your eyebrows or eyelashes.
Remember the time you shaved your hands and wrists? It looked like you were wearing a long-sleeved black hair shirt!

 
At October 07, 2008 5:23 PM, Blogger Gye Greene said...

re: Shaved hands:

Forgot about that! Yep -- looked like a caveman.


--GG

 

Post a Comment

<< Home