Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Respect the evil Spam

Although I think e-mail spam is a scourge upon the e-scape, some of the subject lines earn my respect -- or amusement.

Respect: ''Pope Killed by Assassin in Vatican City". A very good attention-getter. For those with e-mail programs that don't preview the first few words of the message for you, you wouldn't know that it was about ''enlargement''. (Which, now that everyone uses digital cameras, there's not a lot of need for photographic enlargers.) So, you'd probably go, "Whoe! REALLY???" and click on the message.

Amusement: "Let them not mock your sad weiner". I don't know anyone except Slag that actually uses the word ''mock'' -- and it's an under-used word. But I got this image of some guy in a hotdog costume, weeping. Plus, it has a nice cadence -- like ''Do not forsake me, oh my darling...'' It would make a good Western song.


--GG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home